- Acting is reacting.
- Objective (Every character has wants and desires.) You need to figure that out. What is theirGoal?
- Character will play an action until an event makes them play a different one. Ex: Going to the bar, first you dress up, then you go up to the girl...another guy comes up...character changes mode.
- Empathy not sympathy. Making the audience relate to the character. (Glue)
- Scene is a negotiation. Person vs. Person, Person vs. environment/Situation, Person vs. Self.
- Acting is real-life...you want to heighten reality. (Enhance)
- Scene starts in the middle (more exciting). Character has a history. You need to figure back history out.
- Adrenaline (Memorial) Moment= A moment you will look back on and remember when you are 90 years old. A pivotal moment in their life.
- Power Center. High center...confident character. Low center...depressed.
Comedy= Drama heightened.
Two different types.1. Wile E. Coyote (normal) Comedy all the things that happen to him.
2. Jim Carrey (eccentric). He is in a regular situation and he causes the comedy.
Normal to extreme.
Simplicity. Clear and easily visible.